Simple, crowd-pleasing, prep in advance when hosting many people, bring to pot lucks, pack for lunch, etc. This is turning into some kind of I-will-convert-you-to-broccoli series, because I promise this salad wins everyone over.
Taken from Ripe Recipes: A Fresh Batch
- 375ml mayonnaise (I use Bestfoods)
- 3 tbsp apple cider/white wine vinegar
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup dried cranberries, or the seeds of 1 fresh deseeded pomegranate
- 70g toasted pinenuts
- 70g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo and vinegar.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the nuts/seeds and stir to combine.
- Cover with clingfilm to marinade for at least 2 hours but ideally overnight (I tend to make this the morning of occasions).
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with the freshly toasted seeds to serve, top with more salt, pepper and microgreens (sweet basil) for aesthetic purposes.